Keyword research plays an important role in the world of e-commerce. Entrepreneurs and marketers need to find relevant keywords and incorporate them into their content for increased online visibility and sales conversions. This is especially true when selling on Amazon, the world’s leading online marketplace.
But how can Amazon keyword manager tools help with keyword research, analysis, and management?
This article covers everything you need to know about Amazon keyword insights. Dive in to discover how keyword manager tools can assist you and offer a comprehensive market analysis.
What Are Amazon Keyword Manager Tools?
Keyword manager tools are software applications used by Amazon sellers to store and manage product keywords in one place. You can use them to streamline your entire process, including Amazon keyword research and analysis.
By leveraging these keyword optimization tools, you can achieve the following:
- Collect and store keywords for Amazon optimization (SEO and PPC).
- Send keywords from various Amazon apps (Keyword Wizard, Search Insights, and Instant Keyword Research).
- Gather data insights for Amazon selling (search volume and the number of competing product listings).
- Create a list of keywords, enter additional terms, and export the lists created.
These tools primarily aim to assist Amazon sellers in researching, selecting, and monitoring relevant keywords efficiently and effectively. They help optimize product visibility, boost search rankings, and increase sales conversions.
Viral Launch offers a 14 day free trial to test using their keyword tools. However, you need to purchase a monthly or annual (discounted) plan for unlimited access.
Key Features of Leading Amazon Keyword Manager Tools
Effective keyword management on Amazon is crucial for improving product visibility and driving sales. It’s good that SEO tools are readily available to help you track, store, and manage your product keywords efficiently and effectively. Keep reading to learn about the main features that Amazon keyword manager tools offer:
- Keyword Tracking: Monitoring your product keywords is vital to see if they work for your business. Amazon keyword manager tools allow you to track the rise and fall of your keywords’ search rankings. That allows you to adjust your strategies for keyword usage and integration.
- Search Volume Data: This metric shows how often potential customers search for particular keywords. Amazon keyword manager tools help you see the search volume of different product queries. That helps you make more data driven and informed decisions for your keyword research.
- Competitor Keyword Spying: It’s important to study what your competitors do and find ways to beat them. Amazon competitor intelligence tools let you identify keywords competing sellers are using and see which are effective. This allows you to target the appropriate product keywords, giving you a competitive advantage.
- Long-tail keyword Opportunities: Long-tail keywords are generally effective at targeting a specific market, which applies to Amazon selling as well. Amazon keyword research tools allow you to grab long-tail keyword opportunities. You can then use these terms to optimize your product listings.
- Historical Data Analysis: It takes studying historical data to identify trends on Amazon and to keep up with them. Keyword analytics tools let you see the patterns of keyword performance in the long term. They help you optimize your keyword strategies, capitalize on trends, and make informed decisions.
Benefits of Using Amazon Keyword Manager Tools
Amazon is the leading e-commerce platform globally. In the United States alone, this platform is the most visited online marketplace, having two billion monthly visits. The numbers speak for themselves: Amazon continues to dominate online retail, projected to hit $746.22 billion worth of sales revenue this year. It comprises nearly 38% of the U.S. e-commerce retail market, remaining larger than almost 15 of its closest competitors combined.
Selling on the Amazon platform offers independent sellers lucrative opportunities. Using the latest and innovative tools, such as Keyword Manager, can help optimize various facets of your e-commerce business.
Here are a few of the main benefits Amazon sellers can expect to when using keyword manager tools:
Efficient Market Research
Jerry Han, the CMO at PrizeRebel, recommends using keyword manager tools for market research. “Time is of the essence in e-commerce business. Amazon keyword manager tools can help accelerate your market research process. That way, you can quickly find relevant keywords, study market patterns, and keep up with business trends.”
Insightful Competitor Analysis
The e-commerce industry is competitive, requiring you to vigorously study and analyze your competitors. Amazon keyword manager tools allow you to conduct competitor analysis. By doing so, you can identify a goldmine of relevant keywords from them and optimize your strategies to get ahead of the curve.
Improved Product Visibility
Eric Mills, Owner of Lightning Card Collection, leverages keyword manager to optimize product visibility. “Putting your products right before the eyes of your target market is the first step to e-commerce success. Amazon keyword manager tools can help optimize your process, from Amazon keyword research to integration to optimization. Incorporating the right keywords can put your product listings in the spotlight.”
High Conversion Rate
The ultimate goal of an e-commerce businesses is to convert sales, and keyword management can go a long way in helping you meet this objective. Amazon keyword manager tools can provide relevant keywords and help optimize your strategies, translating to a high conversion rate.
Limitations and Considerations for Using Amazon Keyword Manager Tools
As with any other software, Amazon keyword manager tools are far from perfect. They have limitations and challenges you should identify and rise above. Ultimately, your e-commerce success lies in your knowledge and skills as a digital marketer or online seller.
That said, beware of some potential drawbacks in using Amazon keyword manager tools.
- Data Accuracy: Ben Knegendorf, Co-Founder of Dropship Breakthru, recommends multiple keyword manager tools. “While they strive to provide precise information, Amazon keyword manager tools aren’t always 100% accurate. When checking for keyword trends, search volume, and competition, leverage multiple tools and compare the results. That way, you can get more accurate keyword data insights.”
- Regional Discrepancies: It’s crucial to understand that Amazon operates in multiple regions across the globe. Each region has distinct consumer behaviors, preferences, and search trends. Thus, while Amazon tools offer valuable insights, it’s essential to supplement them with thorough research and personal analysis.
- Frequent Algorithm Updates: Tom Golubovich, Head of Marketing & Media Relations at Ninja Transfers, warns of the Amazon algorithm updates. “The algorithms used for search ranking are subject to changes and updates. While Amazon keyword manager tools aim to keep up with them, they might often fall short. Therefore, you must leverage various tools and compare the results when conducting Amazon keyword research.”
10 Tips to Effectively Use Amazon Keyword Manager Tools
You’ve already learned the pros and cons of using Amazon keyword manager tools. Now, it’s time to maximize their potential and minimize their risks.
That said, here are the top 10 tips to make the most of Amazon keyword manager tools for e-commerce success:
- Perform comprehensive research. It’s best not to rely on one app; use multiple tools to see various keywords generated. That will help you find relevant terms, see consumer patterns, and identify business trends.
- Use long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are specific and often less competitive compared to more broad search queries. These make them ideal for highly targeted traffic and conversions. Incorporate them into your optimization process.
- Conduct competitor analysis. Study and analyze the keywords your e-commerce competitors are using. That will help you check relevant keywords, identify gaps, and capitalize on trends, ultimately helping you gain a competitive advantage.
- Incorporate keywords into your titles. While creating informative and appealing titles is best, using relevant keywords will help your search rankings and product visibility.
- Optimize your images with keywords. Not only should you optimize your titles with relevant keywords, but you should also do the same for your product photos. Doing so can help improve your search rankings, product visibility, and sales conversions.
- Utilize the backend search term fields. Amazon allows you to include additional keywords via the backend search term fields. Backend optimization can help enhance your product discoverability.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing is when you use excessive terms on your title, images, product descriptions, and other pieces of content. After conducting Amazon keyword research, use enough relevant keywords and incorporate them naturally throughout your content.
- Use negative keywords. You explicitly do not want to associate these terms with your product. Amazon SEO tools can help you include relevant keywords and exclude irrelevant ones.
- Measure and monitor your performance. Start by setting key performance indicators (KPIs), such as keyword generation, search volume, and organic ranking. Use Amazon tools to monitor your performance and improve visibility and sales.
- Regularly optimize your keyword strategies. By measuring and monitoring your performance, you’ll see what keywords work and what don’t. Then, you can optimize your product listings to achieve e-commerce success on the Amazon platform.
Keyword insights are essential for e-commerce success, especially on platforms like Amazon. Viral Launch’s suite of tools offers a comprehensive all-in-1 solution. This takes the hassle out of manually trudging through the nuances of keyword research and competitor analysis.
Facing challenges like data inaccuracies and the constantly changing algorithms can be daunting. However, with Viral Launch, sellers are empowered with cutting-edge tools to ensure they’re always ahead in optimizing their strategies and set up for long-term success.
- 10 Ecommerce Laws and Regulations to Know Before Selling Online - September 15, 2023
- Amazon PPC Trends: 7 Trends You Can’t Ignore in 2023 - September 12, 2023
- 8 Tips for Creating Engaging and Effective Product Videos - September 5, 2023